Dr. K. Anders Ericsson (1993) described Deliberate Practice as â€œactivities that have been found most effective in improving performance.â€
According to Dr. Scott Miller, Founder and Director of the International Center for Clinical Excellence (ICCE), FIT Deliberate Practice is the key to improving effectiveness as a psychotherapist. The factor that separates the best from the rest is not just the amount of time spent practicing, and not just any kind of practice, Deliberate Practice.
FIT Deliberate Practice is a planned, conscious effort aimed at making small, continuous, and measurable improvement in one's level of therapeutic performance. The MyOutcomes role in Deliberate Practice is to simplify and augment the monitoring of performance and the outcomes of therapeutic practice.
MyOutcomes helps establish a baseline of performance and monitoring MyOutcomes data regularly provides immediate feedback on the impact of FIT Deliberate Practice as well.
Why should you employ FIT Deliberate Practice in your therapeutic practice to improve your performance?
- FIT Deliberate Practice applies the science of expertise to the field of mental health.
It is derived from up-to date research and publication and contains cutting edge information concerning outcomes in talk therapy and behavioral health services.
- FIT Deliberate Practice provides a roadmap for addressing a fundamental issue in mental health â€œHow to improveâ€ by helping you develop an individualized plan to raise effectiveness and improve client engagement and retention.
How does FIT Deliberate Practice eLearning help you accomplish your therapeutic goals?
- FIT Deliberate Practice eLearning is flexible as it allows you to complete each one-hour lesson when you want at anytime, whenever is convenient for you to develop excellence in your practice.
- Each session takes about an hour, allowing you to complete the sessions during your workday for easy access.
- FIT Deliberate Practice eLearning includes courses, demonstrations, exercises, and quizzes to develop your therapeutic goals and to develop your overall performance as a therapist.
For more information on incorporating FIT Deliberate Practice into your professional development please check out https://www.myoutcomes.com/fit-deliberate-practice-e-learning